You are currently viewing Significant Damage Due to Augusta Senator Inn Fire

Significant Damage Due to Augusta Senator Inn Fire

  • Post category:Local / News

A fire in a 12-unit single story building behind the main Senator Inn, off Western Avenue in Augusta, caused significant damage to the building.

The blaze began around 12:30am. The State Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating

The roof of the building is gone and the building is heavily damaged.

From the Fire Marshall’s Office:

On Friday, April 19, 2024, at 12:29 am, the Augusta Fire Department responded to a fire at the Senator Inn on Western Avenue in Augusta. The fire was contained to the attic space and roof of the “Governor’s Wing”. A team of Fire Investigators and Inspectors from the Fire Marshal’s Office responded to the scene and have been working throughout the day on the investigation. As a result of the investigation, it was determined that the fire originated in the attic over one of the units in the Governor’s Wing causing significant damage to the building. The Governor’s Wing is a 15-unit detached section of the Inn that is only rented in the summer season and was in the process of being renovated. No one was inside the structure at the time. The cause of the fire is accidental. The Augusta Fire Department was assisted on scene by the Togus, Gardiner, Chelsea, Winthrop, Vassalboro, Hallowell, Sidney, and Manchester Fire Departments.

In the early hours of this morning our department responded to a building fire at the Senator Inn. This fire could have…

Posted by Augusta Maine Fire-Rescue on Friday, April 19, 2024

Latest Local Central Maine News