Terry Bisbee, 74, died in a fire on Jordan Road in Mechanic Falls, last night, Oct. 10.
The Androscoggin Regional Communications Center received a 911 call regarding a residential fire at 54 Jordan Road. The Mechanic Falls Police Department and Fire Department responded to the scene. One adult female was found deceased inside of the residence that was full of smoke. The Fire Marshal’s Office was contacted and Investigators responded to the scene.
The investigation determined that the fire was accidental and started as a result of a smoker being used in the garage attached to the residence.
The deceased lived at the residence. The remains were examined by the Medical Examiner’s Office this morning. The cause of death is pending the completion of toxicology testing but there is no evidence of foul play.