The Day of Hope, to support the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care, is a day of inspiration and celebration on Oct. 7.
MaineGeneral’s Day of Hope brings our community together with an inspirational ceremony honoring our cancer community, followed by a 1.8-mile Walk for Hope through the beautiful University of Maine Augusta campus, located at 76 Community Drive, Augusta. The Day of Hope features health screenings, cancer and prevention education, integrative therapy sessions, inspiration and hope – all while raising critical funding for the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care.
Here’s the schedule:
– 9 a.m. | Check in
Arrive early, sign the Hope Wall, pick up your survivor sash, sign up for an integrative therapy session, visit an education booth, pick up your fundraising incentives and more!
– 10 a.m. | Opening Ceremony: “Hope is All Around Us”
Meet Day of Hope Marshal Bonnie and be inspired by her story and what the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care means to her and her family.
– 10:30 a.m. | Walk for Hope kicks off!
Following the opening ceremony, Bonnie will lead the way as we Walk for Hope through the beautiful University of Maine Augusta Campus.
– 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. | Day of Hope Activities
Activities include a Kids Zone featuring fun for the whole family, a live cooking demonstration, an opportunity to sample healthy recipes in our new Food Pavilion, cancer screening opportunities and more!
Your support makes a huge difference… Each dollar raised goes to supporting the ever-growing needs, including:
- Food insecurity, transportation assistance and other patient needs
- Patient navigation and financial services
- Expanded patient access to care through partnerships with Redington-Fairview General Hospital and Franklin Memorial Hospital
- Expansion of the open access clinic, same-day access exclusively for the urgent care of cancer patients
- Equipment and technology upgrades
- Expanded access to telehealth services
Register and get more information at HERE!