You are currently viewing House Explosion Injures Auburn Man

House Explosion Injures Auburn Man

  • Post category:Local / News

Sunday night, Dec. 19, the Auburn Fire Department and Auburn Police Department responded to a house explosion at 53 Broadview Avenue in Auburn. The Fire Department was able to put out the fire which was minimal. One occupant, a 35 year old male, sustained serious burns and other injuries as a result of the explosion.

The Auburn Fire/Ambulance service transported the injured man to Central Maine Medical Center where he was stabilized and then transferred to Maine Medical Center in Portland. He is expected to survive.

At the time of the explosion, in addition to the injured man, there were four other people in the home. A 33 year old female, a 7 year old girl, a 70 year old female and a 71 year old male. No one else was injured as a result of the explosion.

The Fire Marshal’s office was contacted and responded to the scene. It was determined that the explosion occurred as a result of using butane to extract THC from marijuana. The explosion caused extensive structural damage to the residence and a result the home is uninhabitable.

The name of the injured person is not being released at this time.

Latest Local Central Maine News