Applications are being taken for the Joseph B. Ezhaya Memorial Scholarship, awarded by the Mid-Maine Chamber of Commerce.
Joe Ezhaya was a community leader who distinguished himself with his warmth, enthusiasm, generosity and particularly, his friendships.
Successful candidates for this scholarship should share Joe’s interest in citizenship, community service and exemplify his spirit and vitality.
- Be currently attending a Mid-Maine Chamber area high school: Lawrence, Winslow, Mt. View, Waterville, Messalonskee, MCI, Erskine, Calvary Temple, Maine Arts Academy or Good Will-Hinckley
- Maintain an academic average of a “C” or better.
- Must complete a required essay on citizenship.
- Must show evidence of community service and involvement.
- Be enrolled in an accredited New England College or University.
From the Mid-Maine Chamber of Commerce:
The annual selection committee will be selected by an established committee of the Chamber to include no less than one member of the Ezhaya family. The Chamber will mail out the scholarship announcement with criteria to all Chamber area high school guidance councilors each year. The scholarship will be given upon completion of the 1st college semester each year with a grade point achievement of 2.0 or better. The scholarship is $750 per year for up to 4 years per scholarship recipient.
Applications are due by Wednesday, April 28.